03 Feb Book Ball FAQ
For those who are joining us for the SOLD OUT Book Ball on Saturday, February 8, from 7:00 to 11:00 PM, here are a few items to keep in mind:
- No tickets – just check in at registration. If you haven’t sent us the names of your guests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.
- Cocktail attire is requested. Many have asked, “What do I wear?” The Book Ball events of the 60’s and 70’s were formal with tuxes and full-length gowns! We’ve heard a few of our guests are keeping that tradition, yet cocktail dresses and suit and tie seem to be the popular choice so far.
- Free valet parking will be available. Worried about parking for the Book Ball? No need! Enter from 5th Street and our professional valet service will do the rest. Our thanks to Eagle Elementary and Zionsville Christian Church for their assistance. *Take note: only the 5th Street entrance will be open for Book Ball guests.
- There will be few tables, but plenty to eat and drink! This isn’t a stuffy, sit-down dinner event! Be ready to wander the Library finding delectable hors d’oeuvres and dessert stations. Beer, wine, and cocktails are provided through the generosity of Constellation Beverages.
- Get ready to dance! Thanks to Vikki Duke of F.C. Tucker Realty, the evening’s entertainment will be the popular cover band, Greta Speaks! Music and dancing by the nonfiction section…and no one will tell you “shhhh!”
- Bring cash or a check for our Scavenger Hunt and Book Pull! Two fun opportunities await you from opening until 9:30 PM! Learn more about HMMPL Foundation grants by partaking in our Scavenger Hunt! Plus, we have our own spin on a wine pull…a Book Pull sponsored by J. Patterson Consulting! Both games will have prizes and are $20 to play. Indiana Gaming Commission rules state that we may only accept cash or checks.
- Also, have a credit card handy! At 9:30 PM, we will gather under the vaulted ceiling to thank our sponsors and volunteers and unveil a fund DRIVE to ACCELERATE the Library’s outreach! Get ready to text-to-give so that we can REV UP this new Library initiative!
- You won’t leave empty handed! Each couple will go home with a gift bag with a stunning surprise from Robert Goodman Jewelers!
- Share on social media! One of the goals of the Book Ball is to build awareness about the Library Foundation. If you aren’t already following us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, start right now! At the event, use the hashtags #BookBall2020 and #HMMPLFoundation.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Tracy Philips at the HMMPL Foundation at email@example.com. See you at the Book Ball!