02 May Our Reopening Plan
We are so pleased to announce that the Library will be able to start opening & providing you with physical items again soon!
Our staff will follow recommendations outlined in Governor Holcomb’s May 1 executive order, along with safety guidelines provided by the national Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The Library will begin offering more services in stages, as outlined below.
Please know that your Library staff is eager to return & provide you with the many Library services that you enjoy!
- Through May 5 – Stage 1: The Library building & outside drop boxes will remain closed. Virtual events & streaming services will continue.
- May 6 – Stage 2: Our drive-up drop boxes will open & patrons may begin returning their items to the Library. The building will remain closed to allow our staff time to safely handle these materials. All due dates have been extended through May 31 so no overdue fines will be charged! Please follow these simple steps when returning your items during Stage 2:
- Use our drive-up drop boxes only to return your items.
- Do NOT leave your returns outside of the drop box or at any Library entrance. This is for your safety & that of your neighbors & Library staff. If the drop box is full, please return your items at another time.
- Please wait until the Library building opens to drop off book donations. This will allow our limited staff to focus their efforts on returned materials & preparing for Stage 3.
- May 11 – Stage 3: The Library will begin offering curbside pick-up of materials during Stage 3. The Library building will remain closed to the public while we prepare it for reopening in Stage 4. Please watch for more details to come about how you can use our new curbside pick-up service!
- May 26 – Stage 4: The Library building will reopen to the public with a 50% capacity cap during Stage 4. We are already working to add safety equipment & directional signage to the building in preparation for this stage. We appreciate everyone’s patience during this time. The safety of our visitors & staff is important to us.
- TBD – Stage 5: We will continue to monitor the situation and follow recommendations from the state and CDC to determine when we may move to Stage 5 in our reopening plan. Details will follow as they are finalized.
We are eager to see you in the near future!
Thank you so much for the support & patience you have shown us during this difficult time! We are committed to providing you with as many services as possible in the coming days.
Please contact us with any questions or requests by email OR try our new Chat with a Librarian service at the orange icon in the bottom right of your screen. Librarians are available 10 AM – 6 PM Monday – Saturday!